Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
- Trip Overview
- Include / Exclude
- Fixed Departure
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is one of the difficult and longest treks in Nepal, situated in the far northeastern district of Nepal. The word Kanchenjunga is a Tibetan expression, signifying “Five Treasures of the Great Snow”, for example Silver, Gold, Precious Stones, Grain, and Holy Scriptures. The off the beaten trail in nature experiences the wild of wonderful and remote locales, and takes all of you the path to the lap of the third most noteworthy top on the planet, Kanchenjunga, remaining at the tallness of (8586m).
One of the features of this trek is the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area (KCA), which spreads over a zone of 2035 square kilometers, and is among the first investigated regions of the Himalaya in the nineteenth century. The trek is a chance to find the less investigated trails in the Himalayas and offers varieties in scenes from high fields to sub-tropical woods, low waterway valley, cold moraine, and rough scree inclines. The territory is home to numerous greenery just as different natural life including musk deer, Himalayan mountain bear, snow panther, wild pig, red panda, and numerous others. In this, you get the have seeing emotional mountain scene, taste neighborhood nourishments, and experience the average culture of Rai, Limbu and Sherpa individuals.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is for the individuals who incline toward the parts of long and troublesome trekking in Nepal. The more out of control unexplored corners of the Himalaya makes it progressively advantageous.
Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing. (Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath)
Kathmandu to Basantapur ( Fly to Birantangar and 6 hours’ Drive to Basantapur)
Basantapur to Chauki 9 8790 ft. 2680m) and it’s about 6 hours’ walk
Chauki to Gupa Pokhari (9478 ft. 2890m). About 5 hours walk.
Gupa Pokhari to Nesum (5313ft. 1620m). About 6 – 7 hours walk.
Gorgagoan to Thumma (2492ft. 760m). About 5 – 6 hours walk
Thumma to Chirwa (3903ft. 1190m) About 6 – 7 hours walk.
Chirwa to Sakathum (5378ft. 1640m). About 5 – 6 hours walk.
Sakathum to Gyabla (8167ft. 2490m) About 6 – 7 hours walk
Gyabla to Gunsa (11184ft. 3410m). About 6 – 7 hours walk.
Acclimatization Day at Ghunsa
Ghunsa to Khambachen (13612ft. 4150m). About 5 – 6 hours walk.
Khambachen to Lhonak (15711ft. 4790m) About 5 hours walk.
Lhonak to Pangpema (16859ft. 5140m) Back to Lhonak. About 6 – 7 hours walk
Lhonak to Khambachen (3427m). About 8 hours walk
Khambachen to Ghunsa
Ghunsa to Selelela Base Camp (4480m). About 6 hours walk.
Selelela Base Camp to Selelela Pass to Cheram (4646m). About 8 hours walk.
Cheram to Ramche to oktang base camp and back to Ramche. (4730m). About 7 hours walk
Ramche to Tortong (2995m). About 8 hours walk.
Tortong to Yamphudin (2080m). About 7 hours walk.
Yamphudin to Khebang (1915m). About 7 hours walk.
Khebang to Medibung. About 8 hours walk.
Medibung to Tharpu. About 4 hours walk. Drive from Tharpu to Illam
Drive Back from Illam to Kathmandu. Transfer to Hotel
Drive to Airport for onward destination.
- Airport-Hotel-Airport pickup and drop by Car/Van depending on group size.
- 3 Night room at Standard hotel in Kathmandu with BB basis.
- Kathmandu valley Sightseeing as per the above itinerary
- Kathmandu to Biratnagar by air, and Illam to Kathmandu by bus
- Government registered well experienced and friendly guide and necessary porters.
- All meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, tea, coffee, and desert during the trek.
- Lodge and Camping Accommodation and hot water during the trek.
- All Camping gear, tents, kitchen utensils, cook, kitchen staffs and necessary porters.
- Accommodation, food, salary, equipment’s and insurances for trekking staffs.
- Kanchenjunga necessary permits
- All transportation, tourist service charge, VAT and Office Service charge
- All bar bills, beverages such as Coke, Fanta, Mineral water
- Laundry, toiletries, internet, phone calls and personal nature expenses
- Personal travel insurance, International air ticket, Nepal visa and Phone calls
- Personal trekking equipment’s and rescue operation charge in case of emergency
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porter and driver
- Any operating cost which arise due to change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political trouble and strikes etc.
Why book with us?
- More then 20 years of experience
- A professional and responsible travel company based in Nepal
- Specialist group adventure tours and treks in the Himalayas – India, Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan
- Fully customisable itineraries and dates
- Professional & friendly local guides – supporting the people of Nepal
- Guaranteed Departures
- No negotiations in giving best quality